Culinary Training Offers Instruction in all 50 States
Food Service education at colleges, academies, and culinary arts schools teach commercial food preparation and management techniques that help you find rewarding careers in the multibillion-dollar food industry. The top jobs have become very competitive, and most employers require educational training and work experience. Restaurants hire more people than any other U.S. employer—11.7 million workers or 9 percent of the workforce. You can find great educational programs in all 50 states that join class instruction with hands-on training in cooking, nutrition, sanitation, and management. You can find industry-specific instruction for cooking the world’s cuisines, baking, cake decorating, menu planning, learning about health and nutrition, catering, or working in the hospitality industry.
Top Culinary Schools in the US
Career opportunities and training programs exist in every state and geographic region in the United States. Some of the best schools include the following culinary arts programs.
1. The Texas Culinary Academy. Affiliated with the classic Cordon Bleu in France, this program has 73,000 square feet of space for kitchens and classrooms. The facility includes a laboratory, restaurant, and retail store.
2. Institute of Culinary Education. Located in New York, this school offers intensive instruction, but it requires two years of college or comparable industry experience for admission.
3. The International Culinary School. You can get expert instruction in the state of Washington in many food-related disciplines including bread and pastry baking, culinary arts, and food and beverage management. The facilities include an on-premises restaurant.
4. California Culinary Academy. This San Francisco School offers culinary educations in one of the best-known cities for gourmet dining. Several city campuses offer hands-on training, baking instruction, lecture courses, and restaurant management classes.
5. Kendall College School of Culinary Arts. This Chicago school offers associate degrees, certificates, and bachelor’s degrees. The courses here focus on international cuisines for students wanting intensive, special training.
6. Culinary Institute at Hyde Park. This school is the oldest culinary school in America, and more than 300 companies recruit graduates of this top program in Hyde Park, New York. The sister school, Culinary Institute of America at Greystone and the main Hyde Park campus offer associate’s and bachelor’s degrees in culinary arts.
7. Scottsdale Culinary Institute. This Arizona program offers fast-track training in as little as 15 months. Facilities include eight kitchens, a meat shop, and bakery.
8. Le Cordon Bleu College. Located in Boston, this affiliate of its classic French namesake offers authentic instruction in the French Brigade System created by Auguste Escoffier, godfather of the modern kitchen.
9. Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts. Named for the most famous cook in history, this school offers top culinary and baking instruction in Austin, Texas.
10. Johnson & Wales University. Celebrity chef Emeril Lagasse endorses the school that offers regional campuses in Charlotte, North Carolina; North Miami, Florida; Providence, Rhode Island; and Denver, Colorado. You can get a well-rounded education because the school functions as a full university.
11. San Diego Culinary Institute. Expert instructors have at least five years experience as executive chefs. The San Diego campus offers intensive instruction, and dedicated students can finish in eight months. Placement service could find you a great job in beautiful San Diego, one of the most health-conscious cities in the world.
12. Pennsylvania Culinary Institute. This school specializes in Le Cordon Bleu program and offers certification in 15 months. Famous alumni include celebrity chef Julia Child, who ignited interest in television cooking programs and French cuisine. Whether you choose an Accelerated Culinary Arts Program, associate’s degree training, or work for your bachelor’s degree, you can find training and job opportunities in the culinary field throughout the United States. Graduates can find work domestically or abroad because demanding consumers seek different tastes and culinary viewpoints in all regions of the world.
Culinary Schools and Cooking Classes in Your City
- New Orleans, LA
- New York City, NY
- Orange County, CA
- Orlando, FL
- Philadelphia, PA
- Phoenix, AZ
- Portland, OR
- Sacramento, CA
- San Antonio, TX
- San Diego, CA
- San Francisco, CA
- Seattle, WA