Orange County has easy access to trendy Hollywood, Disneyland, and the thriving California wine and food culture. The region boasts some of the world’s most celebrated restaurants that inspire new cooking trends, local food sourcing and celebrity chef products at local supermarkets. Orange County helps students to find many potential job opportunities in tourist destinations, spas, celebrated restaurants, corporate dining rooms, resorts and hotels.
California cuisine features farm-fresh foods, local produce and incredible selections of citrus fruits as part of healthy diets. Orange County has citrus groves, wineries, organic farms and alternative methods of food production that complement sustainable food trends. Training for culinary careers in this region offers all the keys to success for aspiring chefs.
The International Culinary School at
The Art Institute offers culinary training, baking and pastry-making instruction and teaches students about the business side of restaurant management. Modern culinary businesses need to know about merchandising, advertising, strategic analysis, and in-store marketing techniques to stay competitive.
Of course, the school offers the finest hands-on training in developing practical kitchen skills and learning both classic and modern food preparation techniques. Accomplished chefs can transform quality basic ingredients into works of art, and The Art Institute makes the perfect venue to get this training. The school offers the following programs:
- Diplomas in The Art of Cooking: Develop basic knife skills and hand-preparation techniques and learn advanced skills in specific areas such as general culinary, international cuisines, baking and cooking à la carte.
- Diplomas and Associates of Science degrees in Baking and Pastry: Learn to bake classic breads, artisan specialties, pies and cakes.
- Associate degrees in Culinary Arts: Students concentrate in-depth on the specific skills they learned in the certificate course and study time-management, teamwork and developing presentation skills.
- Bachelor of Science degrees in Culinary Arts Management: This program prepares students for restaurant and hospitality management positions.
This cooking school offers two locations in Orange County for aspiring chefs and home chefs of all ages. The schools are the oldest in Orange County, California, and classes offer all levels of training, including corporate team-building exercises, couples cooking classes and explorations of gourmet food trends.
The Chef Program offers intensive training in culinary skills to help students gain the tools to find promising restaurant positions. The school places strong emphasis on food and wine pairings, practical skills that many culinary training programs neglect.
- The Laguna Beach facility is located next to Our Gourmet Wine & Cheese Shop, which stocks an astonishing selection of cheeses and fine wine vintages.
- The Orange location offers satellite training in the city of Orange.
Alternative Cooking Schools
California leads the world in alternative cooking, special diets, healthier eating and wine and cheese appreciation.
This school offers in-home cooking classes for adults and children, who learn about nutrition, healthier eating and sustainability issues. Sustainability also applies to cookware, and the company sells pure cookware sourced, engineered and manufactured in America.
Each class offers personal attention to intimate groups of 12–16 students. The school offers custom cooking classes, cooking parties and team-building exercises. Courses include guest chef instructors, skills workshops and technique classes.
The school offers specialty cooking classes and dessert preparation techniques for all ages and skill levels. Classes prove adventurous, exploring exciting culinary topics at the Corona, California, school classrooms. The school also offers catering services and delivers custom creations on request.